Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Supper- Bone In Turkey Breast




Saturday, I decided the weather wasn't getting any warmer to allow BB-Q, so I thawed and brined a bone-in Turkey breast I had for a while..
The brine was simple and basic- 1 cup of Kosher salt, 1/2 cup of white sugar with enough hot water to have them dissolve, cold water(enough to cover bird) and in goes the turkey breast for 16 hours (refrigerated).
I cooked it breast side up, coated with olive oil, and threw a cut up apple in the cavity for moistness. Took 3 hours, counting rest time after cooking. It came out very moist and flavorful! 1 hour before done, I threw some potatoes in the same roasting pan, so they would be done at the same time as the bird..
Dessert was a chocolate cake, home made frosting, sprinkled with cinnamon- pretty good!
I see more than one turkey sandwich in my future this week...
The last photo is an Airedale that really loves turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment


visitors map