Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hot Turkey Open Face Sandwich, With Gravy


Then we start on the turkey leftovers, the first thing we usually have is a hot turkey sandwich! This is my wife's idea of a great meal! I prefer cold sandwiches, but a warming meal these winter days is always welcome! I make a jack-leg gravy from the broth of the turkey, and a dry mix of chicken and brown gravy powder...This gravy is good, quick, and in different proportions works on pork as well. My broth was simmered and seasoned for about four hours, with poultry seasoning and a bit of dried savory spices and herbs. The bread was a home made white and rye flour mix, toasted, which held up well to the moistness of the toppings.. I made some crescent rolls- just because they sounded good!
Wife had her work schedule changed again, so she took a turkey and cheese sandwich along with her today for supper.. I'll have a similar bite to eat later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment


visitors map