Monday, January 4, 2010

Cold Subs, And Pork Tenderloin With Potatoes..




Saturday, I went out in the cold for a bit, to shop for a few essentials in needed for supper. I grabbed a head lettuce, two decent tomatoes, sliced deli roast beef and ham, with a couple of fresh baked Portuguese rolls...I had a craving for a good, cold sub sandwich! When home, I built two subs that had ham, Havarti cheese, lettuce, sliced tomato with mustard and mayo for condiments. A Portuguese roll is elongated bread(not hogie length!), with a hard crust, and chewy, well flavored interior. They were large when finished, but did they hit the spot!
Sunday, I had decided to make a pork tenderloin roast(two tenderloins tied together)and marinate in an olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped garlic, oregano, basil, black pepper, salt, and lemon juice mix..Mediterranean flavor for sure! I roasted some Yukon Gold potatoes with it, and had made some chocolate walnut brownies for dessert.. Not a bad meal!
I hope to do a little more experimenting with foods in 2010, but still maintain my motto: "Simple things done well"..

No comments:

Post a Comment


visitors map