Saturday, April 11, 2009

Frosting

1 cup. softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla (I like to do half vanilla, half almond)
4 cup. powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Mix the softened butter in a kitchen-aid mixer (in my opinion, a hand mixer doesn't cut it.) Then add the vanilla and/or almond. Slowly add the powdered sugar little by little. If it clumps add a tiny bit of the milk. If you want to make chocolate icing add about a 1/2 half of cocoa powder here (I hate Hershey's I use Premium cocoa.) Continue to slowly mix the powdered sugar and milk as needed until all is mixed. Scrap the sides of the bowl as needed throughout.When I make the cream cheese version I add about half a chunk of cream cheese instead of the second butter stick. At least that's how I did it this time. I think it did it different last time, but I can't remember how I did it. It doesn't really matter as long as the consistency is what you want.
*This recipe is from my friend Lori but I have to search through her blog to find it everytime so I'm just posting it here so I can find it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment


visitors map